If you are able to attract and retain high-performing employees, you will be on track to meeting your organisational goals.
Your trick – create a game changing people management strategy that fully engages your team members.
Having a bad manager is often a one-two punch: employees feel miserable while at work, and that misery follows them home, compounding their stress and negatively affecting their overall well-being. Managers, on the other hand, may not be equipped with the tools to become an engaged manager who is truly connected to his team.
Organisations need to understand what managers are doing in the workplace – things that are either creating or destroying engagement.
Do you know whether your managers are creating or destroying engagement?
Managers account for as much as 70% of variance in employee engagement scores. Given the troubling state of employee engagement, it makes sense that most managers are not creating environments in which employees feel motivated or even comfortable.
This programme specifically targets your role, as a manager, in driving the engagement process.
Think about how you would answer these questions about your department:
1. When was the last time you asked an employee what engages them to work in your company?
2. As a leader, are you ready to begin the relentless pursuit of employee engagement?
3. What have you done today to help or connect with a colleague?
4. Is engagement a two-way street and how do you stay engaged with your direct reports?
5. What is something that you could continuously choose to do differently to foster employee engagement?
6. When you hire new employees, how can your departmental onboarding process maintain the enthusiasm they have when they accept a position?
7. What are you doing each day to model enthusiastic employee engagement for your team?
8. What does engagement mean to your team?
9. What are the behaviours a leader might see or hear that show an employee is in fact engaged?
10. Do you really respect your people: How often do you listen to them, talk with them about the work they do, and how they do it?
The tools and techniques you learn here will help you to unleash the bottled up performance that is holding your team back.
Module 1 | Revamping Your Manager’s Function: A Strategic View of the Manager/Employee Dynamic and its effect on the organisation;
Module 2 | Employee Engagement Starts with the Manager;
Module 3 | The Three Relationships that Matter to Your Employees: The Job, The Manager and The Organisation;
Module 4 | How Do You Onboard Employees into Your Department?;
Module 5 | Building and Sustaining a Culture of Connectivity : Manager-Employee Bonding;
Module 6 | Bridging the Connectivity Gap: Understand the whole Person;
Module 7 | The Manager’s Role in High Performing Teams: Tools and Techniques;
Module 8 | The Perfect Blend: Combining Managing and Coaching Skills to Obtain the Best of Both Worlds;
Module 9 | The New Leader and Their Role in Enhancing Employee Engagement;
Module 10 | Managing from Afar: How to Manage and Engage Remotely; and
Module 11 | The Engaged Manager To-Do List.