The Kuala Lumpur Human Capital and Talent Professionals Meetup
The Meetups are planned to take place a few times a year. These are highly targeted gatherings of mid to senior level HR/Human Capital managers only. These gatherings are designed to examine a few issues relevant to HR from being a strategic HR business partner, mastering talent acquisition, the effective use of analytics and more.
These gatherings are informal in nature and typically will feature a guest speaker and include a moderated discussion. The gatherings last approximately two hours and include light refreshments.
A series of gatherings are being planned around the following topics:
– becoming a more effective and strategic HR business partner;
– mastering talent acquisition;
– how to integrate quantitative measures such as headcount planning and workforce analytics into a qualitative decision framework; and
– how to leverage data and people analytics to optimise your talent management practices.
Join the meetup.
14 Mar | Vertical Distinct presents Managing Company Closures Humanely
Venue : Suffolk House Restaurant
250 Jalan Air Hitam, Georgetown, Penang
Time : 5.00PM – 7.00PM
Capacity : 12 seats
Registration fee : USD16 (MYR 65) per person
Terms : First come best-dressed basis. Attendance criteria applies.
Featuring guest speaker Mohamad Anwar Rahaman, Country HR Lead, Motorola
RSVP : RSVP required and to be completed on meetup.com at
14 Mar 2019 | Vertical Distinct presents Managing Company Closures Humanely
There is much to consider when a company has to decide whether corporate closure is the best option moving forward. The cost of winding down the business and monitoring cash-flow during that period are key. But so is managing the impact on the business as a whole – on the people, suppliers and customers. Everyone needs to be treated with consideration and compassion and shutting the business down needs to be done gracefully.
So, what is the role of HR in all of this and what are the necessary steps to move forward?
Featured Guest Speaker
Mohamad Anwar Rahaman shares his experience, in particular the pains and gains of closing down plants in Malaysia (non confidential ones).
Anwar is no stranger to the HR community in Penang, having been in the industry for more than 27 years. He is currently Country HR Lead at Motorola. Anwar has significant hands-on experience on all aspect of HR strategic and operation functions. He has served as honorary secretary and chairman for the Malaysian Institute of Human Resource Management (Northern Branch) for more than 10 years. He has extensive experience in labor relations and business partnering. Prior to this, He was Head of HR at Paramit Malaysia and was also the former HR Director and Malaysia Country HR Lead at Seagate Malaysia.
5.00PM – 5.30PM | Registration and open networking – light refreshments provided
5.30PM – 6.00PM | Anwar shares
6.00PM – 6.45PM | Moderated round-table discussion
6.45PM – 7.00PM | Open networking
7.00PM | Close of meetup
1. Only guests who are currently employed in the Human Resource field, including in recruitment, retention, talent acquisition will be allowed.
2. Guests must be manager level and above.
3. All registrations are on a first come, best-dressed basis.
4. There is no fee to join the meetup group. However, a registration fee applies for every meetup you attend. The fee is RM65 and this is to cover the cost of light refreshments.
5. All guests must be confirmed in order to attend ie they will receive a confirmation of their attendance via email. To do so, the registration fee shall be fully paid.
6. Please take note that the Meetup group is not a group for trainers, head-hunters, recruiters, interns, retirees or consultants, entrepreneurs or those outside the HR profession. All requests will be screened to ensure criteria are met.
To register for this meetup :
1. You need to register as a member on Meetup.Membership is free.
2. Look for our Meetup – The Kuala Lumpur Human Capital and Talent Professionals Meetup.
3. Apply to become a member of our meetup. Membership is free. If you meet our criteria, you may then be able to join the various meetups that take place. Each meetup may have specific criteria attached and require individual registration.
4. Once you’ve been indicated you want to attend a particular meetup, you will need to pay the applicable registration fee of RM65.
5. Methods of payment acceptable :
i. Payment through verticaldistinct.com secure checkout using your credit card.
ii. Payment through bank transfer or cheque deposit. Once payment is made, a remittance advice should be emailed to Stephanie Lin at slin AT vertical distinct DOT COM.
You may make payment to :
Vertical Distinct Sdn Bhd
Bank Name : Alliance Bank Malaysia Berhad
Bank Address : 3 Alliance, 3 Jalan SS15/2A, 47500 Subang Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia.
Bank Branch : Subang Jaya Branch
Bank Current Account No. 1201-500-1015-2030
Bank SWIFT CODE : MFBBMYKL