Unit 01 Introduction to service design(The purpose, goals and objectives of service design; the scope of service design; the business value of service design activities; the context of service design in the ITIL service lifecycle; service design inputs and outputs and the contents and use of the service design package and service acceptance criteria).
Unit 02 Service design principles(Design service solutions related to a customer’s needs; design and utilize the service portfolio to enhance business value; the measurement systems and metrics; service design models to accommodate different service solutions).
Unit 03 Service design processes(The interaction of service design processes; the flow of service design as it relates to the business and customer; the five design aspects and how they are incorporated into the service design process).
Unit 04 Service design technology-related activities(Requirements engineering in the design process and utilizing the three types of requirements as identified for any system; functional, management/operations and usability; the design of technical architectures for data and information management, and application management).
Unit 05 Organising for service design(How to design, implement and populate a RACI diagram for any process that is within the scope of IT service management; the service design roles and responsibilities, where and how they are used and how a service design organization would be structured to use these roles; technology considerations; service design related service management tools, where and how they would be used; the benefits and types of tools that support service design).
Unit 06 Technology considerations(Service design related service management tools, where and how they would be used; the benefits and types of tools that support service design).
Unit 07 Implementation and improvement of service design(The six-stage implementation/improvement cycle and how the activities in each stage of the cycle are applied; how business impact analysis, service level requirements and risk assessment can affect service design solutions).
Unit 08 Challenges, critical success factors and risks(Be able to provide insight and guidance for design challenges, risks and critical success factors).
15 – 17 Mar | Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Examination Details(8 multiple choice scenario based, gradient scored questions; each question has 4 possible answer options; max of 90 mins to take the exam; exam is supervised and done in person; pass score of 28/40 or 70%; prerequisite is ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management or other appropriate earlier ITIL® and bridge qualifications)
Exam mode (in person paper based, conducted after the course)
Exam eligibility(To be eligible for the ITIL® Intermediate Qualification: Service Design examination,you must have fulfilled the following requirements: 1) At least 21 contact hours (hours of instruction, excluding breaks, with an Accredited Training Organisation (ATO) or an accredited e-learning solution) for this syllabus, as part of a formal, approved training course/scheme; 2) A basic IT literacy and around 2 years IT experience are highly desirable; 3) Hold the ITIL ® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management (or other appropriate earlier ITIL ® and bridge qualifications; 4) It is also recommended that you should complete at least 21 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and the ITIL ® Service Design publication in preparation for the examination, specifically Chapter 2: Service management as a practice.)
Exam fees are not included in the registration fees quoted and are to be purchased separately.
Certification by : Axelos
AXELOS (The Accreditor) assess and licence Examination Institutes (EIs) to administer ITIL ® accreditation and examination activities. There are a number of organisations who are licensed to offer ITIL ® Accreditation and Examination services to training organisations and individuals under the current scheme. An Examination Institute (EI) is an organisation accredited by AXELOS and permitted to operate an examination scheme through a network of Accredited Training Organisations, and Accredited Trainers with Accredited materials. This course is administered by BCS The Chartered Institute for IT, which champions the global IT profession.
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
This course is conducted and delivered by Sysop Limited who are an Accredited Training Organisation (ATO). Vertical Distinct acts as a service provider to Sysop Limited and is not required to hold ATO status. All materials pertaining to the course are copyright © Sysop Limited. All rights reserved.
1. This course is suitable for individuals who require a detailed understanding of the ITIL ® Service Design phase of the ITIL® core Lifecycle and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organisation.
2. It is recommended that you have exposure to basic concepts in IT and at least two years professional experience working in IT Service Management.
3. The Service Design qualification also suits these roles (Capacity Manager, Availability Manager, Service Level Manager, Business Continuity Manager, Service Portfolio Manager).
1. This course is conducted and delivered by Sysop Limited, an Accredited Training Organisation (ATO). Vertical Distinct Sdn Bhd acts as a service provider to Sysop Limited and is not required to hold ATO status.
2. All materials pertaining to the course are copyright © Sysop Limited. All rights reserved. ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
3. In order to be trained and examined for this qualification, you must already hold the ITIL ®Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management (the V3 Foundation or V2 Foundation plus Bridge Certificate). You should bring your certificate(s) with you to complete the registration process on the first day of the course.
4. If you hold the following ITIL qualifications, you will also be eligible, and similar evidence will be required ( Earlier ITIL (V2) Foundation plus Foundation Bridge or ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management (achieved via Service Manager or Practitioner bridging routes).
You will learn
1. Competencies gained (Introduction to service design; service design principles; service design processes; service design technology-related activities; organising for service design; technology considerations, implementation and improvement of service design; and challenges, critical success factors and risks).
2. The business person on phone image courtesy Freeimagedepot.com.
Training Grants – applicable to courses in Malaysia
Vertical Distinct Sdn Bhd is a PSMB (Pembangunan Sumber Manusia Berhad) Approved Training Provider and the courses offered in Malaysia are HRDF (Human Resource Development Fund) claimable. For guidelines and details on how to submit your application or claims to the HRDF, please visit HRDF.