VMware empowers customers to innovate faster – extends Unified Hybrid Cloud Platform
New technology preview and the latest innovation from VMWare
Several announcements relating to cybersecurity were made at this year’s VMWorld Conference in San Francisco, USA. These announcements focused on the latest innovations addressing enterprise IT industry’s requirements as well new public cloud services to drive digital business transformation.
On 31 August 2015, VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW) announced new innovations for the company’s unified hybrid cloud platform. These new public cloud services and software-defined solutions will enable customers to build applications faster, improve IT security, rapidly recover from disasters and drive meaningful business value.
VMware’s unified hybrid cloud platform enables customers to create one consistent environment based on VMware vSphere® across the private and public cloud to securely build, run and deliver any traditional or cloud-native application. VMware’s unified hybrid cloud platform is built on a software-defined data center architecture, and offers customers openness and choice in how to build and manage applications and cloud environments based on their needs.
These new public cloud services and software-defined solutions will enable customers to build applications faster, improve IT security, rapidly recover from disasters and drive meaningful business value.
New or expanded vCloud Air services include:
1. VMware vCloud Air Disaster Recovery Services – VMware offers a unique approach to cloud disaster recovery, which includes a single cloud-based orchestration console and cloud services that deliver unified protection of all resources on-premises and off-premises. Key new enhancements to be delivered include:
- Disaster Recovery OnDemand™: VMware will add a pay-for-what-you-consume pricing option to VMware vCloud Air Disaster Recovery;
- Site Recovery Manager Air™: Site Recovery Manager Air is a software as a service offering that will provide VMware vCloud Air Disaster Recovery customers with a comprehensive management solution for designing, testing, executing and orchestrating centralized business continuity and disaster recovery plans;
2. VMware vCloud Air Object Storage is a portfolio of highly scalable, reliable and cost effective storage services for unstructured data.
3. VMware vCloud Air SQL is a new database as a service offering that will provide easy access to scalable, cloud-hosted relational databases.
Other announcements include :
1.VMware Previews vSphere Integrated Containers and Photon Platform to Accelerate Cloud-Native Apps in the Enterprise
- VMware vSphere Integrated Containers to provide developers with production-grade container infrastructure;
- VMware Photon Platform optimised to run cloud-native applications in greenfield environments; VMware Photon Controller to be open sourced; and
- Bundling of VMware Photon Platform and pivotal cloud foundry to speed the deployment, integration and management of cloud-native applications.
2. VMware Extends Unified Hybrid Cloud Platform, Empowers Customers to Innovate Faster
- New public cloud services and Software-Defined Data Center Solutions enable organisations to securely build, run and deliver any application.
3. VMware Unveils the Easiest Way to Deploy and Operate the Software-Defined Data Center at Scale
- VMware EVO SDDC is the first fully automated software suite for delivering the Software-Defined Data Center as an integrated system; and
- New VMware Virtual SAN 6.1 advances the industry’s leading hyper-converged infrastructure stack.
Don’t just like this – share this.
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. With 2014 revenues of $6 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers and 75,000 partners. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices throughout the world.
This press release contains forward-looking statements including, among other things, statements regarding future unified hybrid cloud platform product features, the expected availability and features of VMware products and services comprising the platform, benefits to customers, the potential impact on and transformation of the industry and the projected size of the software-defined data center market in 2015 and 2020. These forward-looking statements are subject to the safe harbor provisions created by the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of certain risk factors, including but not limited to (i) changes to priorities and spending allocations; (ii) adverse changes in general economic or market conditions; (iii) delays or reductions in information technology spending; (iv) competitive factors, including but not limited to pricing pressures, industry consolidation, entry of new competitors into the enterprise software and cloud computing markets, and new product and marketing initiatives by our competitors; (v) our customers’ ability to develop, and to transition to, new products and computing strategies such as cloud computing and software-defined data centers; (vi) the uncertainty of customer acceptance of emerging technology; (vii) rapid technological and market changes in virtualization software and application platforms for enterprise computing; (viii) changes to product development timelines; (ix) the successful interoperability and integration of the technologies involved; (x) VMware’s ability to protect its proprietary technology; and (xi) VMware’s ability to attract and retain highly qualified employees. These forward looking statements are based on current expectations and are subject to uncertainties and changes in condition, significance, value and effect as well as other risks detailed in documents filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including our most recent reports on Form 10-K and Form 10-Q and current reports on Form 8-K that we may file from time to time, which could cause actual results to vary from expectations. VMware assumes no obligation to, and does not currently intend to, update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
TP and networking1 image courtesy [email protected]